Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tie Breaker Vote!

At the conclusion of some cross-communication within the Exec. Members, we've decided to hold the tie breaker vote to choose a meeting date starting this week.  An email of FAQ's should be going out some time Monday/Tuesday.  We will try to cover all of the topics that we've discussed in the past meetings. 

What:
       Vote to move meetings to Sundays or Keep Saturday

Choices: 
  • Saturday with Large meetings in Prost Small meetings (4 times/yr) in the back of Prost
  • Sunday in Prost (no food service, bring your own food)
When:
  • VOTING OPENS TUESDAY EVENING, MAY 18th @Richo's
  • Exec. Meeting, Wednesday May 19th, 7pm - Voting is open for as long as the meeting lasts.
  • Absentee:  Ballots will be available behind the bar at Richo's starting Tuesday Evening.
  • Email:  Email me via this link   (fossils.editor@gmail.com in case the link doesn't work on your browser)
    • Include the names of each person voting and each person's vote.  Please, include "my vote" in the "Subject:" line. Do not email my personal account or my Facebook account with your vote.
  • VOTING WILL CLOSE AT 9PM TUESDAY, MAY 25TH

Who can vote:

Any member, spouse, drinking age dependent FOSSIL member who's dues are paid up.  If you are not sure if this is you, contact me or Debbie Fraizer to check.  Please start by checking the email from the last meeting announcements, there is a spreadsheet of names.  I will collect all ballots and emails. Any person voting and not on the list will have their vote set aside and not counted.  I will try to let anyone emailing a vote know early if they are not on the paid member list, but I can give no promises that this will be timely.

How's it work? (my daughter's favorite saying)

You cast the vote, I filter the votes between paid members and dinosaur food, and I pass the votes to Debbie for counting.  The plan is to attempt to get the results of the vote announced next Wednesday evening via email.

What happens next?

I'm going to have a beer.... Then I will post this note on www.fossils.org and Facebook.
We will discuss at the Exec meeting this week when want to move the meeting "if" Sunday is chosen.  I will update the club Calendars and post the results, including the effective date, May 26th.


Sincerely,
Joe Bray
Minister of Disinformation




No comments: